Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Development, the Director of Development (DOD) College of Social and Behavioral Sciences will be the primary development professional responsible for implementing a college-based major gift fundraising program. The DOD will be responsible for the following:
COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES (CSBS)
- Work with the Dean as well as advancement colleagues to envision college and campus-wide development goals, initiatives, events, campaigns, and protocols.
- Work with the alumni & annual giving operation, planned giving, corporate and foundation and other staff to ensure that the service and informational needs of the college and general university supporters are addressed in a seamless and immediate manner.
- Work with the division's advancement services office as well as prospect management and research office to consistently ensure the freshness, correctness, and security of the advancement database, along with prospect, donor, and alumni records.
- Work with the AVP, vice president for university advancement and the Dean to develop a successful development program and quantified plan that identifies the resource needs of the CSBS.
- Implement the plan and activities designed to meet the approved development goals.
- Coordinate college fundraising efforts within the context of the institution's development program, including alumni, parent, and past student leaders, through major gift and annual fund campaigns.
- Provide active leadership in the identification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors and donor prospects, to include individuals, business entities, corporations, and foundations for the support of CSBS programs.
- Formulate and execute short-term and long-term strategic plans to include specific and measurable targets regarding definite fundraising goals, prospect management, personal contacts, stewardship activities, and solicitations.
- Collaborate with the office of public affairs to market the college and its programs through publications, fundraising events, stewardship, and donor recognition activities to both on-campus and off-campus constituents to improve awareness and expanded support.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the CSBS, the division of university advancement, and the University to maintain a strong stewardship strategy for portfolio donors and to ensure fundraising activities are coordinated with the University's efforts.
- Work closely with department chairs and program directors on their particular needs.
- Personally visit with prospective donors, create and manage appropriate relationships and stewardship for donors with specific faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Work closely with Corporate and Foundation Relations in the submission of grant applications, case statements and appropriate major gift proposals.
- Deliver timely and effective follow-up to prospects and donors, press releases, and communication materials.
- Ensure best practices in donor stewardship activities within the college including appropriate individual and organizational donor recognition and stewardship as well as the coordination and oversight of all scholarship endowments and awards.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of various development strategies and activities and recommend refinements and new advancement ventures as needed.
- Plan and conduct sponsorship programs and activities designed to increase the visibility of the college and its sponsorship initiatives.
- Work with college departments and staff to write and submit major gift sponsorship proposals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and effectively communicate university and college goals and priorities in support of development.
UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT AND CAMPUS-WIDE PARTICIPATION
- Participate in divisional strategic planning, goal setting, event planning, and project status sessions.
- Maintain the highest standards of campus development procedures and protocols utilizing the various forms, report formats, databases, and clearance procedures.
- Work with the Dean to ensure that all development-oriented pieces, communications, and events adhere to the campus-wide and division graphic and identify standards.
- Integrate CSBS development efforts with the central Advancement staff and the various services in place.
- Work with the division's advancement services, gift processing to ensure accurate gift processing and receipting.
- File contact reports with central advancement.
- Assist with general donor cultivation, asks, and stewardship as part of the University development team that attracts additional campus support important to all colleges, schools, and programs.
- Represent the college, the division, and the University in the community by attending events, participating in local organizations, and serving on community based boards.